The State Hospital
The Forensic Network Pharmacy Group was established at a first meeting on 20 March 2014. The Terms of Reference are detailed here and the group will provide a report annually.
- To promote collaborative working, sharing good practice nationally amongst pharmacy staff in forensic mental health settings for example providing a forum for sharing up to date clinical practice and experience
- To provide operational direction in forensic mental health pharmacy for example, identifying areas of practice that would benefit from a share national approach
- To ensure collaborative forensic mental health response to Mental Health Pharmacy Strategy Group objectives, for example considering national policy, guidance and legislative changes and their impact on forensic practice
- Respond to requests for specific work from Mental Health Pharmacy Strategy Group and/or Forensic Network
- Promoting the role of pharmacy within clinical teams with the aim of raising profile and value of the profession
- Support effective patient pathways in forensic mental health, particularly around transition points
- Identify and consider forensic pharmacy issues that may impact on national programmes such as National Patient Safety Programme or Forensic Network Quality Programme
- Link with other pharmacy groups to share good practice and ideas, such as Prison Pharmacy Group
- Identify and influence policy development in the field
- Identify educational needs within the profession, supporting the School of Forensic Mental Health to meet these needs and provide regular CPD
- Work collaboratively across Scotland to drive forward effective research and audit in the forensic mental health pharmacy
Any Pharmacy Staff with responsibility for forensic mental health service is able to attend. National Prisons Pharmacy Adviser will also attend.